Welcome to the Useful Links page at Jeff Lemke Trains, Inc.
If you have a suggestion for a new resource to add here, please drop us a quick message via our CONTACT page shown above. Thanks and Cheers!
April 2023 Great Northern Brass Model Blow Out Sale
Introduction to Selling Your Model Train and Railroadiana Collections
Consulting Services Testimonials
- Soldering Information This is a very good resource for general information about soldering in professional environments.
Better Operation for Our Brass Locomotives
- Driveshaft Angle and Phasing (When remotoring old Brass Locomotives you MUST align the driveshaft between the motor and gear box or your model will have gear box wobble and surging during operation. This video explains why. Please be sure to have your sound turned up. The audio portion is more telling than the video portion.)
- Driveline Troubleshooting (This is a good follow-up video to Driveshaft Angle and Phasing. When installing universal joints in our model locomotives, even a small amount of mis-match in the input and output connections will cause vibration. For a smooth running driveline have; 1) the shaft or tubing absolutely straight between motor and gear box; or 2) make certain that the input and output angles at each end of the slip shaft are identical; 3) With old plastic tubing connections between motor and gearbox any mis-match at all with the angles of the motor and gearbox shafts will create unavoidable wobble. When using plastic or rubber tubing make certain both shafts are 100% in line with each other.)
Brass Model Train Repairs and Safe Shipping Information
- Safe Shipping of Older Brass Locomotives (PDF)
- Remediating Foam Damage on Brass Model Trains
- Safe Shipping Recommendations for Brass Diesel Drives Needing Repairs
Joint Projects with DCC Installers
- PFM United Climax Models with ESU LokSound—Joint Project with Dennis Bartholow at ELS Train Service in Prior Lake, MN FYI: This is a YouTube video, so be sure your sound is turned up, and SKIP the 5 secs of ads at the beginning if you can.
Recent Brass Model Train e-Newsletters:
- Professionally Painting a Brass Locomotive and EXACTLY HOW WE DID IT
- Working with other Brass Dealers, Hobby Shops and Online Sellers
- Are you following us on Facebook?
- HO Scale Brass Passenger Cars, Cabooses and Parts
- Brass Model Train Tech Support and Consulting
- Great Northern X-310 / Burlington Northern 11440 Caboose Research
Brass Model Train Information Resources:
- Building Brass Model Trains in Korea—Jeff Lemke's Story About People Collaborating to Create Remarkable Products in South Korea
Slides, Photos, Maps, Plans and Data For Sale
- Original Color Railroad Slides, Photographs, Books, Plans and Data For Sale from the Jeff Lemke Trains, Inc. Collection
Just for Fun:
Talkin' Brass with Jeff Lemke on YouTube